Commercial Storm Damage Restoration
SERVPRO of Northern Sussex County understands the impact of flood damage to your business. Here are some tips to help you prepare for a storm situation.
There are several flood principles that should be considered to determine your facility’s exposure to flood waters and the type of protection to be deployed:
- Duration: It is important to know if flood waters are expected to recede quickly or may be trapped due to the slope of the land. The longer a facility is exposed to flood waters, the greater potential for flood-proofing failures due to a breach in the protection.
- Depth: Flood waters greater than 3 feet create hydrostatic pressure on walls that can cause cracks in masonry and greatly increase the potential of collapse to unreinforced masonry. When estimating the potential depth of flood waters, it is always best to include a safety factor to account for inaccuracies in the estimate.
- Velocity: As flood water velocity increases, so does the pressure exerted on flood protection. River flooding can be very fast moving water at first and then may settle down.
- Water Condition: Many times flood waters are dirty, brackish or contaminated with biological and chemical materials including waste water, sewage, pesticides, industrial waste, toxic and non-toxic chemicals, or oils. Debris that is churning in the water can impact buildings and flood protection systems, create breaches in the protection and cause extensive damage.
Understanding your exposure and the type of impending damage will help you prepare for recovery.
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- A Trusted Leader in the Storm and Water Restoration Industry with over 1,700 Franchises
- Highly Trained Storm and Water Damage Restoration Specialists
Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today (973) 383-2024
Commercial Restoration Presents Unique Challenges
SERVPRO of Northern Sussex County has the training, experience, and equipment to handle large commercial storm or water damage emergencies. Regardless of your property type or size, we will respond quickly to clean the property and manage the restoration project through to its completion. Learn more about our training and certifications.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Northern Sussex County will respond immediately to the storm or flood event affecting your commercial property, regardless of the size or scope of the damage. We are part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale events and disasters.
We are proud to be a part of our community and strive to provide the residents and business owners in our area the fastest response times and our best work each and every day.
We are proud to serve our local communities: