Duct Cleaning - Residential
Clean Air in the Home
- Children in homes with high levels of mold show persistent, cold-like symptoms - 300% more than those in clean environments.
- Every year about 40 pounds of dust is generated per 1,500 square feet in a home.
- Roughly 80 percent of the particles you see floating in your home in a ray of sunshine are dead human skin.
Causes of Indoor Air Pollution
- Asbestos building products when dislodged (no longer intact)
- Biological contaminants such as mold, dust mites, viruses and pet dander
- Carbon Monoxide
- Formaldehyde found in pressure treated wood
- Lead (pre-1978 house paint)
- Nitrogen dioxide
- Particulates found in dust, pollen, cleaning sprays and poorly ventilated areas
- Tobacco smoke
- Volatile organic compounds including household cleaning products, pesticides and aerosol propellants
Cleaner Air Means a Healthier Home
Dirty ducts can circulate odors and contaminants like mold and irritating dustt hroughout the home. SERVPRO of Northern Sussex County uses a proven Portable Ventilation and Duct Cleaning System to examine ductwork and make a clean sweep, removing years of dust and grime.
Benefits of Cleaning Ducts & HVAC:
- Lowers indoor air pollution
- Reduces pet dander
- Eliminates offensive odors
- Restores peak operating condition
- Prolongs the life of your system